Sunday, August 16, 2009

Roan and Joy - Reflections at the Buttes.



Congratulations to this cute couple - Joy and Roan. Married this June at Reflections at the Buttes. We had a great time photographing this wedding and their very large extended family. And if you think I am exaggerating, let me introduce you to the girls in Roan's life. With the exception of Joy, all the girls are his sisters.

Is it just me or is this a kickin shot.


Joy is just glowing prior to the ceremony.



Here are all the girls....look at the adorable flower girl dresses. Poka-dots. sweet.



The guys looked stellar.



Roan was a James Dean kind of guy. So the pool table shots with the faded look fit him just right.


Joy and Roan added a spin on the tradition of giving a Rose to mothers. The two front rows were filled with all the immediate family members: parents, grandparents and siblings. They had about 15 roses and came down off of the ceremony site and gave a single rose to each person individually. Both embraced each person. It was a very touching moment.




I thought this was a sweet moment for Joy following the ceremony. As with most brides, they are overwhelmed with Happy tears. One of her bridesmaids wipes them away. How sweet is that.




Joy had some amazing shoes. I loved the silver and sparkle. So of coarse, I had to take ring shots with them. Is that sexy or what.


The bouquets where just so colorful that I had to take a ring shot on there too.


On to the reception. Love the bright cheerful colors that Joy chose. Look at these great centerpieces. Reflections at the Buttes put the vases together with the fruit. How refreshing and gorgeous.


The color scheme was seen everywhere. Love this cake. And yummy cupcakes for the little ones.



During the reception guest were encouraged to write a special note to the couple to give them good wishes and probably a few tips for a long and happy marriage. The beautiful hand made box was lovingly made by the Groom - Roan. They will open this up on their one year anniversary. Is that just the sweetest thing ever.



This was a fun fact of the wedding. I was pulled aside during the reception to take this candid group photo. The woman in the middle was the flower girl for the couple on the right when they were married. Joy, our bride was the flower girl at the wedding of the couple in the center. The flower girl in the polka-dot dress is the flower girl for Joy and Roan. So there is essentially 3 generations of flower girls in this pic. Is that cool or what.



I love father - daughter dances. I am a sucker for tears.


So to end the story, I leave you with the newly wed, deeply in love, passionate and Romantic couple under the twinkly stars.

Congrats Roan and Joy. We were very blessed to be a part of your day.


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Georgina and Jon,
You guys were the best photographers we could have asked for and more! We have received nothing but positive feedback and we can't stop looking at the photos! Thank you so much for your time and creativity, you guys are so much fun!
Love,
Joy and Roan

The Fantastic Crabtree Four said...

Amazing photos - if I could do it all over again ......

Unknown said...

I loved all the photo's I am so happy that Joy and Roan have such beautiful pictures of their wedding. I think you guys are awesome and so creative.
Tami (Roan's oldest sister)
;)

Kaytee said...

I was not able to attend the wedding, but the pictures you took are absolutely stunning. I am especially jealous, because I did not end up with photos of my wedding, making Joy and Roan's all the more breathtaking. What a wonderful occasion. You did a great job at preserving this day for this beautiful couple.

Anonymous said...

I love to take pictures,and had fun helping you. You two were every where, got pictures of everything. The wedding was so beautiful and I didn't want to forget it. The pictures you have taken were so beautiful and clear and set so perfect that just looking at them puts you right back to that day. Thank you for making it so perfect for Roan and Joy. Teri Holmgreen

Anonymous said...

OMG! Joy those pix rock! Great original and unusual poses too! How fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me go back and spend some time from a night that highlighted my summer! You guys did a great job. I'm so happy that Joy and Roan will have such beautiful pics that captured such a great night!

Jayne said...

I am from a very large family, I am the mother of a large family, I have been to many many weddings and have seen many wedding pictures. I have never seen such fine photography as this. I am so pleased and excited about these pictures. I am greatful for your talents and that you were the ones taking pictures at my son Roan and Joy's wedding.
We all are so very happy for Roan and Joy. They are so loved and admired by all our family and their friends.

AZ Mujer said...

These are wonderful photos and gives a feeling of having been at the wedding even though I was not there. I wish Joy and Roan a long and happy marriage and expect Something Blue to continue with their unique photo style.

. said...

These pictures look incredible. I love the black and white pool table shots. They look bad a$$! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the lovely couple and what was a great day....love the black and whites!

Unknown said...

We are so thrilled with the pictures. You really captured the touching, beautiful, funny, and inspirational moments. They are not just photos, they are artwork.
Thank you so much.

Susan said...

Joy Elizabeth is the youngest of my beautiful cousins and because she married her handsome Roan on the day my son turned 18 and graduated from high school, I couldn't be there. That's the only reason I missed it. But thanks to your beautiful photography, I feel like I got to capture the essense of the day in my heart. Wow. Great subjects, great photogrpahy. Thank you. Cuz Susan

Unknown said...

Joy and Roan, Your pictures are beautiful. I wish Uncle Jene (with the ivory hair) and I could have been there. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Uncle Jene says Roan better watch out and take good care of you. We wish you well, many happy years and lots of laughs. Love, Aunt Patti and Uncle Jene

Unknown said...

Roan & Joy became a couple because they clicked. Something Blue click, click, clicked and kept clicking so we could all click and see what a wonderful click we belong to. Joy thanks for adding more wonder. Now if we can just Blog down this comment section with more clicks we can canvas the situation.
Best wishes. Jene & Kelly

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. I like looking them. Jon

Anonymous said...

What an amazing day with some amazing photos.

Michael Chansley said...

Wow! Look at all those comments! Just shows you did a great job! I love the pool portraits. You nailed it!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome pictures of a wedding that was meant to be as the "sparks" started to fly at that Denny's. We say that you are definitely "happy campers" now. Love, Don & Jean

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! It was such a beautiful wedding and I feel so lucky to have been a part of it! The pictures really capture the bright colors, desert background, and most importantly, all the people in the bride and groom's life.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Lots of great memories preserved in such creative poses.